Posted , 9 users are following.
I am a 29 year old male - good shape (10 stone/ 65kg weight) 5`9inches height. I work in an office so I am always seated but exercise 3 - 4 days at the gym a week. Job can be stressful at times. For several years I have been suffering from urinary issues. I originally put it down to "age" as that was what everyone was saying. However I decided to get checked by my GP.
My issues are:
- frequent urination at night (nocturia) once or twice (I dont drink at night)
- frequent urination during the day (not a big drinker of fluids, I have cut out caffeine, I do not drink alcohol or take drugs and I have never smoked). I can go up to 10 times a day.
- weak urinary flow at times and sometimes hesitancy
- lower abdominal discomfort (sense of fullness at times)
- zero pain when urinating
- suffer from reocurrent Epididymitis from time to time (not always)
- fathers twin brother diagnosed with prostate cancer at the age of 63.
Checkups I have had done
I have had the following check ups by Urologists and Radiologists (referral from GP):
- STD (clean)
- Urine analysis (white blood cells present in Urine but no bacteria and no red blood)
- Kidney, Ureter and Bladder (KUB) ultrasound (abdominal scan) -> everything appeared ok but was retaining 20ml urine after voiding. Radiologist also advised that from this he could see my prostate was normal size.
- Testicular scan (all fine, cyst found but no issue with it)
- Blood panel (Liver, Kidney, diabetes etc checked and again all clear/fine)
- Semen sample (all clear, no bacteria)
- X-ray scan of digestive tract incl. intestines (all fine) although possible suffering from IBS (not diagnosed at least have 4 bowel movements a day).
The Urologist advised possible inflammation (even though no bacteria present in Urine) and put me on CIPRO which I cant take as I am allergic so was prescribed Amoxicillin 1000mg (2 tablets a day) for almost a month. Finished with the Amoxicillin and no improvements.
I have gone back to my GP and she has taken another Urine sample and Semen sample too. I have to go back in 2 weeks to collect my results and then she will refer me onto another Urologist as she believes the last one was incompetent for prescribing me antibiotics with no apparent cause. My GP is being rather thorough which is good.
Question, do these symptoms sound like possible prostatitis? I am at my wits end as it is very stressful with all the referrals, checkups, tests and appointments.
0 likes, 11 replies