Possible Rib problem after chiro?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I have been doing chiro for 2 weeks no for my neck. My last 2 visits (today and 3 days ago) he also worked a bit on my mid back. Yesterday I started getting a dull pain in my lower left rib cage, right over where your spleen would be. How likely would it be to cause a problem with my rib? I’m a little worried it could be spleen related but I don’t have any other symptoms other then the pain though... but I can’t relieve it with heat or ice.. 

Help me please! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It could be that when he was adjusting or working on you mid back that he ended up pulling an intercoastal muscle. This is the muscle that holds your ribs together but allows them to expands when you take a breath. There really is no treatment for it other then cold and/or heat compresses and of course time. When this happened to me it took a month for it to get better. No matter what you should see a medical doctor to have it evaluate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.