Possible RLS

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am new to this forum. I wanted to know if RLS can cause muscles twitches for days? It started out with bad cramping and now the twitching in my legs and feet are driving me crazy. When I am active I am not aware of them. Suggestions please?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Unfortunately, I can just say "welcome to the club". Personally, I will tell you to find a neurologist.

Research says this is caused from a lack of dopamine. Your body normally produces dopamine. With reduced amounts, among other things, you can suffer from restless leg syndrome (RLS). The usual meds prescribed for this are meds used primary by people with Parkinson's Disease. The class of medication is known as dopamine uptake inhibitors. I am currently on a low dose of Pramipexole (.75mg) taken in 2 parts.

I take .25 mg at approximately 6:00 pm then a .50 mg dose at approximately 8:00 pm. The half life is about 6 hours so this provides for a restful night's sleep.

I have tried (prior to medication) numerous different things recommended by various people. Some things seem to help while others provided no relief whatsoever.

For me, the Pramipexole was a God send.

Hope that you find relief. Peace, Glenn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.