Possible Second Hemorrhoidectomy - Thoughts?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got a hemorrhoidectomy four years ago for grade 3/4 hemorrhoids. I had multiple ones so the doc didn't take them all at one time. I was left with a grade 1 that just recently turned into a grade 2. Their is mild discomfort, but it's there. I have tried banding before my surgery but it didn't work out. It was too painful.

Going to get it checked out and see what my doctor says. I have a feeling they'll recommend banding. I would prefer to go with the surgery as from what I know banding is somewhat temporary. I'd prefer to just clean out the pipes and get it over with.

No doubt, having gone through one hemorrhoidectomy I know what I'm in for. But this time around I feel much more prepared mentally and physically. This might be wishful thinking, but one thing that I think might make the pain less burdensome is that it is a grade 2 hemorrhoid and it doesn't appear to be multiple ones. Although, I won't know until I get it checked out.

Just curious about this and would like to hear experiences from anyone who elected to have another round of surgery.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello

have you spoken to your Surgeon about

Halo Rar Surgery ?

Am only mentioning this as i understand that this particular surgery is supposed to be less painful and recovery is quicker .

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.