Possible Second Pityriasis Rosea Outbreak

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! So around November 2017, I noticed that there was a rash on my hip and then about two weeks later, it spread. It lasted for months and never really itched unless it was hot or I was wearing tighter clothing. The doctor simply told me I had PR with no testing. I was relieved to hear that it wouldn't be making an appearance again, but my body has proven that wrong. For the past two months there have been these little patches of what seems to be dry skin but looks and feels similar to the first days of the small patches. They don't seem to be going away and there is a bit of a herald patch seeming thing on my arm pit. If the pictures attached correctly, the first one (the more dramatic of the two) is from the initial occurence. Basically what I'm wondering is if I should go to the doctor and get a biopsy or something similar done to see what exactly is going on.

image image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.