Possible seizure - need advice!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Firstly I want to apologise if this is the wrong place to post this, honestly I'm nor sure where to turn so I'm hoping someone can help/direct me to the right place. I am not diagnosed with anything but I feel like I may have had a seizure the other night, but am not sure and the doctor really wasn't very informative or helpful. Here's what happened:

A few nights ago I woke up around 2am, checked the time, had some water and checked on my 3 month old. I then lay back down and closed my eyes. Suddenly I felt the strangest thing, I can't explain it, but I went to call out my husband's name and couldn't. I couldn't speak or move, I had the loudest ringing in my ears and it felt like my whole body was shaking. I was aware and it was terrifying. It passed, it was probably not even 10 seconds. Since this has happened I have had nausea on and off, consistent on and off (mostly on) headaches...kind of like a constant pressure/ache. Panadol doesn't help much. I also have random feelings of having cold water poured over my brain. I've been extremely tired, all I want to do is sleep, feeling weak and slightly out of it...like everything is a mental strain. I barely feel like I'm functioning. I also haven't had much appetite. Things haven't been blurry but trying to read makes my head hurt.

Anyway I have never had this before, I don't know what im dealing with, and yes I'm going to get a second opinion. It's been a very stressful time the last 5 months as my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumour and then I had my son 5 weeks early! Please and help or info etc would be greatly appreciated as I am feeling very scared atm xo

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. First off, wow. You are dealing with a lot. I hope you have some solid support to help with the new baby and your husband's diagnosis. From what I've heard from my son and others who have had seizures, it sounds like you had a seizure. What did your doctor say about it? Stress can be a contributor, and it certainly sounds like you're dealing with a lot of it right now, and likely sleep deprivation, as all new mothers go through. I would either talk to your doctor again or talk to a neurologist. Of course it's scary but maybe it will help if you view what happened very practically. You have a lot going on in your life, and your body likely reacted to the stress. Take it from there, in accordance with what your doctor says. Try to eat well and get as much sleep as you can. Hope you will keep in touch as you move forward through what happened.

• Posted

Dear YellowFoxGirl,

You are surely having a time of it. Sorry to hear about your husband's diagnose of a brain tumour and having your son 5 weeks early. My last son was a preemie ( 26 years old now). He was only 18 inches long and weighed 5 pounds. I have four other children, all grown ups now. Preemies take a lot of care and time.

You could be reacting to the stress you have been coping with. It also sounds like a form of seizure activity ? I get a cool feeling that spreads in my brain too. I have light sensitive seizures triggered by flashing lights, fluesent lighting etc...

I do hope you are sent for a EEG, CT scan or MRI to determine if there is something amidst affecting your nervous system.

I hope the best for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.