possible side effect????

Posted , 3 users are following.

ok so iv now been on flu for a month and for the last few weeks iv been having the most strange and bizarre dreams the other night i even managed to wake myself up by sleeptalking, i have never talked in my sleep before (thank goodness it wasnt sleepwalking that could have been painfull my bedroom is in the loft with just a ladder for access)

does anyone else have bizarre dreams since being on flu????

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi miss Azzi

Yep, i had those too - at about 6 weeks.They were definitely weird, wonderful and sometimes scary.

I really limited myself to what i watched on telly as bits of programmes would appear in my dreams.

Mine lasted for a few days then disappeared. Still get them sometimes but not scary now.

Others got them too so i suppose it must be a side effect.

Best wishes :wink:

• Posted

good to know. i thought maybe i was losing even more of my marbles
  • Posted

Hi

I'm glad you are chatting about dreams as I have had a really frightening experience a few weeks ago. I have been taking an antidepressant(doselupin) now for about 7 months, and dreams haven't been part of the side effects which is why I have found this so frightening. I dreamt that i was in the kitchen making a drink and a ghost grabbed me and threw me across the kitchen against the wall, as i hit the wall i woke up and hit my head against the headboard. It felt so real and for some reason is worrying me quite a bit. Normally I am quite a level headed person.

Liz

• Posted

hiya peeps :cheerup:

it's more like the depression than the fluoxetine that the dreams are about, there's been lots of stuff in the sub conscience thats been locked up for a long time :shock:

the meds are letting um out, it's only natural, there is no need to be frightened, after all they are just dreams :ok: :wink:

cheers :mrgreen:

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :run: :rainbow: :peace:

• Posted

its so comforting to know that im not the only one having wierd dreams, although i am worried about the fact all my dreams revolve around work.

they often involve other stuff as well and they aren't all scary like the other night for instance i dreamt i was walking to work because the car wouldnt start and for some reason the buses weren't running and as i was walking i met the most amazing guy he was perfect in every way and we had so much amazing stuff in common and we talked all the way to work and he stayed with me and we talked some more while i was working, he even helped me clean the fish tanks at work and then he realised he was late so he ran off and i woke up. i was really hoping i would meet him again last night but he stood me up lol

• Posted

Hi i am on day 58 of taking flu now, (i count in days rather than weeks as it makes me think about stuff too much) i also had dreams / nightmares, i rememeber waking up still talking to my sister who died of cancer a few years back, this really upset me as i still havent come to terms with her death and the way she died.

I tend to agree with psychochief that the flu tends to kinda relax your subconcious and alows things that we bury deep to come to the surface

Most of the side effects have lessened now, i still get the occasional bout of nausea and dizzyness, most of the time the flu capsels help me control my racing thoughts and worries, that is not to say i do not get bad days and good days but at the moment i am having more good than bad

I think the best advice i have been given from both this site and from a couple of health professionals is give it time and be patient, patients is something i am having to learn.

Stick with it miss Azzi, there are some good people on thsi site who have been through and are going through the same sorts of things and are willing to offer advice and the best of all just talk to us about these things

Muzleflash (aka Rob)

• Posted

i also have dreams about my sister who died 6 years ago but i dont think it would be wise to talk about it here because of the circumstances in which she died. and i know its just my subconsious working through stuff which is why it worries me so much that all my dreams involve work.

although maybe its because all i do is eat sleep and work. man i need a life. but i cant even take time off work because sick pay is down to the managements discression and she really doesn't like me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.