Possible side effect?

Posted , 4 users are following.

After just discovering that Amlodipine is responsible for a boat load of my physical problems, just wondering if anyone has experienced anything going wrong with their Achilles' tendon. I was diagnosed with Achilles tendonopathy while taking Amlodipine & it just came out of nowhere since I am not really physically active. So now I have these large grotesque bumps on my heels & pain in my calves. Now that I think about all the things that have gone wrong with me since being on this horrible drug, just wandering if there could be some correlation-thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I did not experience this.  I had wollen ankles and left hip and knee joint pain to the point where it was difficult to walk until I went from 10mg to 5mg.  Eventually stopped entirely (while monitoring my BP)  Good luck!
    • Posted

Hi Sean - Appreciate you responding to me, going to look into Cellulitis & figure out if that is what I am feeling - pain today & yesterday quite uncomfortable - I have had the swollen ankles, hot calves, muscle soreness & lower leg rash, but this is different...quite painful, I do get some relief with Advil though - Glad you are off the nasty drug -

In health

• Posted

hi debra 

i was only on this drug for a month,had pains in my calves swollen feet and ankles and ended up with celulitus in one ankle terrible pain i thought i had gout.stopped taking them .My doctor at the time wanted me to stay on amlodapine and take something else with them,I decided to stop all drugs and see how i got on .I woul.d rather feel well with slighty high b/p I have now got a new GP and have talked it through with him .he has prescribed candesartan cilexetil at 2 mg a really low dose ,so far no side effects  and my b/p has come down averaging 145 over 80ish .Im happy with this at present .as i know to get it down lower i would have to increase dosage and im worried about side effects Amlodipine was an awful drug for me but i have a friend who is taking it without any problems so who knows its a funny old worldcry

• Posted

Hi - hmmm - ok, will have to look up cellulitis - I have now been off the drug almost two weeks & had unbearable pain in my right leg yesterday & today, thought it was stemming from my Achilles tendonopathy, but maybe it is something different entirely - I am still experiencing tingling in my hands too - geez, I cannot believe the impact of this drug - Ugh! Thank you for responding to me, just trying to get feedback - I agree with you, I would rather live with elevated B/P then these symptoms -

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.