Possible Side Effect?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 35 year old man in generally good health. Two weeks ago, my doctor put me on atorvastatin because of slowly rising cholesterol levels. Luckily, it hasnt given me any side effects. However, for the last 2 days I've had a visible artery on the top left of my forehead. I believe it's an archery and not too vain because I can definitely feel the pulse. the pulse does not seem diminished. In fact the blood flow seems strong. I believe I'm too young for something like arteritis. Could the medicine lead to increased blood flow to the point where i can see and feel one of the arteries in my forehead? it does not cause me any pain whatsoever. thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi cwpomerta,

I have taken my hubby off the atorvastatin he was prescribed after his heart attack as I do not believe they are good for health also, after five years of reading about cholesterol I do not believe something the liver makes naturally (75%) is bad for us. They have changed the goal posts on cholesterol, now doctors are supposed to encourage exercise etc., before prescribing. If you are unhappy with any drug prescribed it is up to you, to decide whether you wish to take them.

• Posted

I hesitate to reply as I have just researched your statin and one of its side effects is hemorrhagic stroke. You are very young I would have thought to be taking statins. You need to research the subject carefully and then make a decision. Some people have no ill effects, others have them for life after they have stopped taking them and I'm one! You have a choice but make it quickly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.