Possible Sjögrens- going for tests tomorrow

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI all. Hope this finds you well. Been having a pritty rough time last few months. The dryness is really getting to me. So my main issues has been dry mouth, dry throat, sore tongue and bit of burning pain in my nasal passages, just on the tips inside.

Doctor told me that tomorrow they will do some kind of a test to rule out rheumatism. So not sure what test this is. Maybe some ANA test perhaps?

Then next Monday I will have this lip biopsy done.

I have no issues with my eyes however. All of this started in July towards the end of the summer and progressively gotten worse. Its pritty scary to be honest. The dryness! Worst for me has been speaking. My tongue gets very sore due to low saliva.

Im a Male, age 44. Guess Sjögren's is more typical in women. Oddly enough i was given a diagnosis of fibromyalgia back in 2002. However i have remained pritty darn healthy and had many good years. So the off flare now and then but otherwise I dont think about fibro very much. Fortunate enough to be able to do crossfit. So hard to say where this new ailment of dryness came from as its new to me. But I guess some with fibro have this too.

Thanks for listening.

C

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Chris, you are the first man I've encountered with suspected Sjogren's. I'm much older, and also suffered from polymyalgia rheumatica since I was 52. After 23 years, I now take only 5 mg of Prednisone which keeps it in recession. Sjogren's often accompanies other auto-immune diseases. My diagnosis was much easier. I went to my GP, who has been treating me for years. I told him my symptoms (9 out of 10 on the list) and he said, "Sally, you have Sjogren's Syndrome." I was glad to know it had a name, because I thought I was metamorphosing into an ugly toad! Hope you have good results with your tests. Eat lots of veggies, organic oils, like olive and avocado, and org. or grass fed beef.

Sally

• Posted

I've had SS for over 20 years. My biggest problem is dry mouth and nearly all my food has to he blended . I also had a biopsy which confirmed it. I can't speak for a long time as my mouth gets really dry. it's my only symptom apart from dry eyes which I can handle with drops. Good Luck....

• Posted

HIYA CHRIS, IVE HAD BOTH FOR ABOUT 30 ODD YEARS NOW, I USE OVER THE COUNTER ARTIFICIAL SALIVA FOR DRY MOUTH ITS AWESOME, THERE IS A FEW DIFFERENT KINDS ALSO OVER THE COUNTER MEDS FOR MY DRY EYES..I REALLY HOPE AND PRAY YOU GET SOME RELIEF SOON CHRIS..I HAVE FOUND THAT MY SYMPTOMS FLARE UP IN DIFFERENT SEASONS TOO..BE BLESSED AND HAVE A GREAT DAY..

• Posted

Thanks all for your comments. Really appreciate it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.