it recently but I have been squatting down at work cleaning the

aisles. My toe hurts at the joint where it meets the metatarsals,

it hurts to move it up and when I press around the joint. I have also

just noticed a boney lump that is not on my other foot in the area

of the pain. It might not have anything to do with it but when I was

about 9 I was playing football on concrete with no shoes on

(stupid I know) I went to kick the ball and kicked the concrete

instead. Needless to say it really hurt I get cramps in that toe ever

since occasionally and it clicks all the time when walking.

Thinking of going to the doctors tomorrow now I've noticed the

boney lump but just wanting to see what you think.

Thanks shona

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I would go to a podiatrist or if you have to go to Dr. first, make sure if they do an xray that it is weight bearing and you are standing on the film and not laying down. My first xray was laying down and it didnt show anything. 8 weeks later I had the kind where I put my feet on the film and it showed the fracture.
  • Posted

I think you should go to Dr. And have exeray to find out if bone is broke or chipped no point in suffering on go to Dr. As soon as possible.

Good luck

Catherine

• Posted

I had rigid  hallux and it sounds the same I would X-ray ASAP and go to an ortho if you can good luck,
  • Posted

Thanks everyone I'm going to make an appointment today with the doctor and see what they can do

• Posted

Hi I went to the doctors and he said I had a vision like you mary42138. I had x-rays taken and will be getting the results in a week. Can you tell me anything that can help?
    • Posted

Sorry typo bunion not vision
    • Posted

How is your range of motion, do you have movement walking up it not, than you may have what I did, it's called rigid hallux I waited almost a year before I did surgery and I really wish I didn't because from favoring my other leg I now have hip pain, so I got the Chilectomy surgery your walking right after you just need to elevate a lot the first 2 weeks, today makes 3 weeks I got surgery done and I am so thankful I have range of motion, they removed spurs which was blocking movement, which kind of Dr are you seeing???

• Posted

I've still got fully range of movement in my toe but it's still sore.

I went to my gp, they said he would get back to me in a week

so if he doesn't I will contact him and seek out another doctor.

Would ibuprofen help with the pain if the joint is inflamed?

• Posted

Another question I don't mean to sound rude but how old are

you I'm only 20 and I've got a bunion and I've always worn good

shoes that fit me perfectly. I've always associated bunions with

the older person. Again no offense intended just curious.

• Posted

Not taken, I am 52, I had my bunion since I was your age, and I just did surgery, I would not suggest you do surgery cause you are still young, sometimes it's hereditary, I'm sure it's not that bad that you need surgery, rigid hallux is another story that's when you can't move your toes upward do you have rigid hallux??? if not I suggest a toe spacer, foot massages, ibuprofen will help, if you feel you need it, make appropriate with podiatrist and see what she says hope this is helpful, if you have any questions please ask

• Posted

No I haven't got a rigid hallux and thank you for answering my questions

• Posted

Hi a bit of an update for you. I have arthritis in my big toe and that's causing the lump on my foot. The doctor's not going to take any action and just advised pain relief when needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.