Possible Sufe in 9 year old

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son has been complaining of increasing pain around his thigh for approx 7 weeks. It started with pain when running and now he is sore while walking and feels similar pain on the other leg. We saw the Gp last week and had an xray 3 days ago but are still waiting for results. The wait is driving me crazy! Something is clearly wrong, just wondering how long other people have had to wait for their results.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

If they think it is a SUFE and you are sent for an Xray for SUFE your son should not be walking around on his leg!  My son did, and he tripped over a couple of times, which caused the SUFE to become much worse and now he has been in a wheelchair for 2 years...  Your son should have been referred to a Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon immediately/A&E.  If you want to go on facebook I started a page there: SUFE Slipped Upper Femoral (Capital) Epiphysis, and will be more than happy to help you further if you'd like assistance.

• Posted

Sorry, ignore last message, this just came through to my inbox and showed that it was a new thread, but clearly it wasn't!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.