Possible throat cancer....how long usually for ENT appointment?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I've been struggle for a while months with a really sore throat on one side which is effecting my ear also. I'm having trouble swallowing, my voice has become really raspy and I find it painful to talk. Despite all this my throat looks absolutely fine to my dr she is however very concerned of the symptoms and my ear drum looks as though there is something pushing on it. So I have been waiting 3 weeks now since she referred me to the ENT as she herself prepared me that she wanted to look at possible throat cancer. I am struggling a lot with the pain and don't know how long is normal to wait.  If anyone knows that would be great. X

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Just yesterday I got the good news that my tongue biopsy showed no malignancy. So as you see I am very familiar with the beginning process.

So back to your situation... I would try and see if you can get into an oral surgeon quicker. They do these as well. I had mine done by an oral surgeon and then 2 weeks later I had to see an ENT for allergy reasons. I talked to him about it too. He even said that particular area is shared by both practices. So I think you can feel confident with an oral surgeon will do just as good a job as an ENT doctor.

• Posted

Really great to hear that the biopsy showed no malignancy! Thanks for the advice about oral surgeons I will look into that now. Take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.