Possible Tia???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just wanted to ask advice,

Its now been 24hrs since what happened just thought i ask people what they think.I cant recall all details as head still fuzzy.Felt a pop in the right side of head then a water feeling run down my face and jaw and down towards arm.I think my eyes went funny i cant quite recall.I felt a numbess down right side of head and to foot.I found words difficult and could not think,very confused everything slowed down i felt meaning people talking but took along time to register.I panicked partner 999 got admitted thought with a possible bleed.I was very confused couldnt quite answer all questions at the hostipal.Got blood and CT scan all came back clear and was told that was migraine attack.But this was different something new.Never felt like this im after 24 hrs still exhausted still pressure on my head after 24 hrs and after migraine medication just have to think hard for words.Feeling is starting to come back in right hand/arm but not 100% still numb right side...

Dont know what people think.if it is a possible TIA or migraine atrack i have never suffered migraines and did not have sensivity to light auras etc.I did feel nauseous????

Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Sorry to hear what's happened and I know first hand how scary it can be. I had a subarachnoid haemorrhage in November last year. The pain was different it was like my head was going to explode but I lost all speech and had numbness down both arms. It worries me that they only did a ct scan as my bleed didn't show on that and a lumber puncture couldn't quite confirm it. It was something in my bloods and a brain MRI that confirmed it so please don't hesitate to get a second opinion

• Posted

Hello thanks for reply,im sorry to hear what happened to you.It was a scary experience im not 100% just awaiting phone call from GP. Hopefully have some advice etc just worried about yesterday because u get a warning mini stroke/tia just spoke 2doctor seeing me on friday
  • Posted

Hi

I'm pleased your gp is dealing with it. Initially when it happened to me my husband thought it was a migraine and actually went to give me one of his migraine tablets, I'm pleased he didn't but I developed the lack of speech and pins and needles quickly infact I don't think hubby had realised I'd lost my speech until ambulance crews were getting me to say something infact it was Humpty Dumpty they tried to get me to say and obviously I couldn't.

Hope you get sorted soon as the stress also won't be doing you any good.

• Posted

Hello just thought i give u an update.Went to GP who have the above no further investigation.I still dont feel 100% I have a funny numbish feeling in right hand/arm and face.Sometimes i do drop things or lack of feeling.I do have some memory loss.I sometimes have difficulty spelling as most of job involves computer notes and quite tired before i go to bed at 11pm but now i get to 8-9pm just feel exhausted.Dont really know i dont what to go back to doctor if nothing....But blood pressure is fine taking regular checks of this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.