Possible to have IBS without traditional symptoms?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 32 years old. I have a typical bad American diet consisting of lots of carbs, sugar, etc etc.

My diet has been the same for probably at least 10-12 years now. A couple months ago I started noticing mucus in my stool (not yellow).

• I dont have diarrhea
  • no stomach pains
  • no racing to go to the bathroom after I eat

Aside from the mucus, I have no symptoms of anything ibs related, crohns, etc. What else could cause the mucus in my stool?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi john, i think i would see about what else in your life is bad, like stress, change in situation or try to walk up if there is anything in your diet that is different.

• Posted

I've definitely been considerably more stressed lately with work things. I didn't know that could cause things like this though. I'm also going to try cleaning some of the garbage up in my diet to see if that helps anything.

• Posted

i hope you get a chance to deal with the stress. it could make your bowel sore forever. you could try some mindfulness or speaking to someone about stress techniques, life links or let's talk well being might be able to help. good luck

• Posted

if mucous is your only symptom, then you dont have IBS. mucous is a normal part of your digestive tract. sometimes our bodies produce more of it than others, especially if youre dehydrated or constipated. its nothing to worry about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.