Possible to have lupus with negative blood work ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've felt pretty rubbish for a nearly a year some days better than others I've been to the doctors several time and been told I have anxiety or ibs the syptoms I have are

Hair loss

Pain in ribs and mid/upper back

Pain stiffness in muscles and in knees and elbows

Peteachie which I've had for a year bloods tests come back fine apparently been told not to worry

Muscle twitches don't hurt can just feel them under my skin

Tired sometimes not all the time

Nausea sometimes

Ibs

All my blood work comes back fine only thing thing that's ever come back not is vit d deficiency which is now ok although low end of normal and at the very beginning when all this started white blood cells was slightly raised which doc said would be a small infection and slightly raised crp other than that nothing I'm not sure my doctor as even tested me for autoimmune diseases but guessing he would have with all the blood tests I've had done does this sound like lupus anyone ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mummyt2

It sounds as if you do have inflammation in your body...did your doc have carried out an ESR blood test ANA blood test and CRP blood test....

ESR - Erythrocite Sedimentation Rate blood test

ANA - Anti Nuclear Antibody blood test

CRP - C Reactive Protein blood test.

....go back to your doc snd ask for a print out of your blood tests..you can request them under the Freedom of Information Act...and check for yourself if the tests showed high levels...i did this and mine were high and the doc suspected i had lupus but the Rheumatologist diagnosed PMR Polymyalgia Rheumatica.....hope this helps ....best wishes....

• Posted

I'm not sure the I don't really feel like I can ask for copies of my blood tests and feel like I'm just pestering them all the time

• Posted

Can I ask what syptoms you had with polymyalgia rheumatica? X
    • Posted

Hi Mummyt2

Yes of course!......frequent fatigue, pain in muscles top of arms .... in shoulders, neck, buttocks, thighs and ribs and a butterfly rash which turned out to be rosecea..i also had B12 deficiency so it would be a good idea to have that checked aswell .....don't feel like you are pestering them..they are there to help you and your health... hey! it's their job!! it's your right to have a copy of YOUR own blood tests....best wishes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.