possible urethral stricture re occurence

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Guys

new to this forum and found this while i was looking for some help online

I was diagnosed with stricture in 2019 and had my surgery optical urethrotomy in jan 2020 , before this i had only like two symptoms - light pinkish shade when i urinate and happend like twice or thrice and never when i gave a urine sample to test and other symptom was dribble after urination which was just before 2 weeks for my surgery . surgery went fine and so did exactly 4 days after when my catheter was removed. Stream went back to normal again , dribbling and was given a self cath schedule for 8 weeks which looked promising and told to continue that every weekly/10 days once.

it was from then i have been experiencing symptoms which i never had before

trouble starting urination

incomplete urinations and straining to get the rest out

urethral discharge and never had all these before

spoke to the consultant over phone and he said these are reported by people after the surgery and told me to do the cath when i felt the issues

this did work out until now and from last few weeks though i do the cath like once everyday ,i have all these repeating

there were plenty and lost count of how many times i felt that my quality of life sucks and was/is depressed many times . i am 36 and no clue how i got this in the first place

Anyone can advise me what can i do next with respect to treatment available for this or what could i do to make things better

Please guys help me out here

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

How are you doing now? How long were you self-cathing initially? Is urethroplasty an option for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.