Possible vaginal thrush but unsure?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was supposed to come on my period on the 4th but instead came on on the 11th if this makes any difference to what im about to say. however this is only my second period since coming off the pill. this period though has been really strange the colouring is completely different to normal and i have had small blood clots in there. However the day before i started my period i had a irritating itchy sensation around my vulva, the hole where the blood from my period comes from. i have had it for around 4 days now, yesterday it was really hurting and itchy but today the pain has gone down but is still really itchy. i have recently come off two different types of anti biotics so i dont know whether this has something to do with it? im thinking it might be thrush but im such a wimp and have real anxiety when it comes to illness im so scared to go to the doctors so is there anything i could do to help it go? i have the canestan cream (external) but im afraid to use it as it says on the box dont use it unless ive had thrush before which i havent. what should i do?!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

its more than likley yeast thrush its common after anitbiotics

• Posted

small blood clots are normal if u are getting large clots a visit to the doctors is needed but if they are small they are considered normal

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I appreicate it! The only thing that concerns me though is that im only 4 days into my period and im basically getting no blood now, when my period usually lasts 7 days so this happening as well as having the itching and discomft too, just worries me more

• Posted

it may slow down then start again mine does that sometimes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.