Possible Vascular disease

Posted , 2 users are following.

My symptoms are short term memory loss, communication (repeating myself, not understanding what people are telling me, words I once knew are gone, I say things that I should not say etc.), depression, mood swings, apathy, confusion, judgement, sleep disorders, wondering/Roaming all hours of the night, hallucinations. I have a new Neurologist that's ran all the tests, MRI brain scan, EEG, Cognitive impairment test and MMSE test, I scored 10 points out of 30 points. I didn't find out I've had 2 new major Ischemic Thrombosis Strokes which now gives me a total of 4 strokes, 1 Lacunar stroke and 3 Ischemic Thrombosis Strokes which all took place on the left side of my brain. I was diagnosed with Complex Partial Seizure Disorders 2 years ago and this new doctor confirmed that's true but now I have Epilepsy and Epileptic Syndromes with Complex Partial Seizures. The reason is due to the strokes I've had. It's also his assessment that I have Post-stroke cognitive deficits. I came home and looked that up and it means dementia/vascular disease from strokes taking place on the left side of a person's brain. Can anyone confirm this? I'm scheduled to see him in 2 months.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.