Possibly a success story

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I have been taken fluroxitine for a few days now and so far no side effects the only think I have notice different is it takes me a while to get up and I am getting g quite a few achy places in my body is this normal

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been on Fluexotine 20mg for about 2 yrs. and my body aches have definitely increased especially in my feet.  I’m also wondering if it’s a side effect.

• Posted

Hi Alisa 

I’m on flu for the 2nd time and I’m getting really bad feet pain. First time I had sore fingers and ribs. 

Weird. 

• Posted

I didn't notice anything after starting fluoxitine either to be honest. No effects what so ever, positive or negative. I was on 20mg. I think internet forums tend to draw and certain subset of people who suffer horrible side effects. People who doesn't experience anything major don't usually go online and write about it. That's just my guess.

• Posted

I have the chest pains, been to doc, 2 blood tests ruled out heart issues.  ONly on week 3 of getting back on the 20 mg dose that I stupidly quit in early Feb because I was feeling fine.

From what I have read, often the symptoms that you have when you first start come back much worse when you quit then go back on.  Because it has a long half life, you don't see the effects right away when stopping. But when you do...............oh my goodness they are bad.  Take Klonopin for the anxiety and it helps but makes me tired as all get out

• Posted

I was on fluoxetine/Prozac 20mg for eight months and decided to come off it.  About four or five months later I had a relapse. Not to the same extent as before, but the tell take signs started and I decided to start again.  It’s been harder this time and worse side effects, but I’m seven weeks in and starting to feel better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.