Possibly colon cancer?? (Please help!)

Posted , 4 users are following.

for the past few months, (up to a year maybe) I've experienced minor bleeding when I wipe after passing stool. It's never occurred to me that it was ever an issue, I always passed it off as anal fissures, at most, a minor hemorrhoid.

But today, when I wiped I noticed a lot of blood on the toilet paper, and large amounts of blood in the toilet. I countinued to bleed for about 1-2 more minutes before I was able to go on my way. The thing is, it wasn't really painful in the slightest, I didn't even notice I was bleeding until I wiped.

I've been reading up on symptoms and from what I've read it seems I may be a likely candidate for colon cancer, though I'm only 16, so it's hard to tell what may be wrong. Is this worth seeing the doctor over? I'm not sure if I should waste my time.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Go and see a doctor, or talk to your mum.  It could be anything.

Don't leave it & spend your time worrying & imagining the worst.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.