Possibly Fibromyalgia ? Chest pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! I have an appointment with an ENT in a couple of days to possibly get a lymph node biopsied because it's been swollen for awhile now and I have a few others that aren't as big in my neck and a couple in my groin. I'm a little worried I have lymphoma or something... i went to the hospital a month ago and had chest scans done and the doctor said he was pretty sure I didn't have lymphoma but he thinks I have hypothyroidism because my tsh was high. Anyways, it's been a little over a month and my chest is hurting. I feel slightly short of breath and my middle of my chest hurts to the touch. Now, I've had A LOT of symptoms of fibromyalgia the last few months so can anyone tell me if they ever feel this chest pain?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danielle, The pain in your chest could be an inflammation in the chest bone cartilage. That can cause severe pain and also be very sensitive to the touch. I have had that off and on since I do suffer from inflammation. Having Fibromyalgia can cause all sorts of symptoms as well. My lymph nodes swell at times and are very tender especially under the arms. Have you had a thorough blood test Danielle? That can put many of your fears at rest since it does not take long to get results. Being referred to a Rheumatologist can confirm for sure if you do have Fibromyalgia. Try not to worry too much though Danielle. Worry and fears can cause many bodily symptoms as well. Just continue to take the steps to find the answers. If it is Fibromyalgia, you will learn to manage it just as all the rest of us. There is no cure, but we do learn ways to cope well enough. No worries sweetie. Maggie 
    • Posted

Thank you! Yes I have researched the inflammation in the chest. Do you ever get shortness of breath from it? I'm just worried because I've seen so many doctors and I just want answers. I've had so many blood panels done. No infections, no sti's, and all of my other stuff from my CBC was normal. My tsh was high once so my endo thinks my thyroid could possibly be sputtering. I just don't know. I have an ent appointment in 3 days and I'm going to demand a biopsy to be safe. My worry is that my lymph nodes don't really hurt to touch. But they do make my neck ache. I had one occipital one that went down and was tender. The biggest one under my chin was slightly tender in the beginning and now it's not. 

• Posted

Your shortness of breath could be because of your anxiety too Danielle. Well I am glad to hear you had a pretty thorough blood work done. That should really reassure you. If you had some form of serious condition it would show up for sure. The blood is a real indicator. Your Thyroid could be acting up due to the test results and that too could give you shortness of breath and even palpitations. As one lady mentioned also, it could be glandular fever which I have had in the past as well. Overseas they call it Mononucleosis. Usually swelling of the lymph means the body is fighting some kind of infection or even a virus. So try not to assume anything serious sweetie. I am pretty sure it is not. You are proactive in finding answers and that is good. x
  • Posted

Hello, lots of things can cause chest pain but your glands being up could indicate glandular fever, do you get headaches? Hi to your Dr tomorrow if possible, ask for specific bloods tests and a test for glandular fever which means scraping your tongue I believe. Don't ignore the chest pain. It could just be anxiety (yes I know that's not nice I have it) but it could be other things. Go to the emergency room if you have a pain in your chest, arm and jaw. Ms, fibromyalgia and a whole load of things come with chest problems. You're obviously fighting something. Good luck, please try deep breathing and try not to panic, you may just need an antibiotic. Please let us know how you get on, I always worry about people on here, that's my empathy issues. Sending love light and healing. 🌹💙💚

• Posted

I've already been on an antibiotic and I've had three different blood panels. So no infection rolleyes I have a doctor appointment in a couple days. So I'm hoping to figure something out. It's been a long couple of months.

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

All of your symptoms can be Hypothyroidism it mimics so many things swollen glands chest pain shortness of breath all point to it, if your TSH was high why aren't they treating you.

L x

• Posted

I went to see an endo and she basically said that with my tsh being high that she believes I have hypothyroid or hashimotos but she wanted to do more blood tests so I got my tsh done again, antibody test, t3, and I believe it was TPO? And it all came back normal except my antibody test came back strange because it was negative. But at the time I did the blood work I felt fine. It's almost like I have flare ups. I'll feel good for 2 weeks and then bad for 2. It's strange. So My doctor said my thyroid could be "sputtering"? I'm just frustrated. However, I have been told that is my tsh was that high before that I definitely have something going on with my thyroid. 

• Posted

Hi Daniele,

You are so right about flare ups and remissions this is why so many people go undiagnosed or treated for thyroid disease for a long time, the best way for us lay people to understand it is that the endocrine system is like a wire circut and if there is a fault or small break in the wire with an intermittent fault, the endocrine system is very complex if you imagine the wiring starting with the pituritary gland it then goes down to the thyroid then t the adernal gland that sits on top of the kidney then down to the ovary across the other side and all the way back up to the pituritary all these glands need each other to function and if there is an intermittent fault in the wiring causes the problems you are having.

you might be wise to ask your doctor for the blood forms so you can get them done when you are in a flare up.  

Hope this helps,

L xx

• Posted

You may also like to try acupuncture for your Thyroid problem Danielle. Acupuncture or reflexology can help regulate the functionng of the Thyroid and other endocrine glands. Just a thought. Maggie 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.