Possibly got PCOS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi just looking for some advice! I recently went to the doctors about not having a period in now 114 days and my blood results came back yesterday and was told not to worry that there was nothing serious that the results came back not showing anything but could possibly have polycystic ovaries! I have googled the main symptoms which are weight gain, I am heavy but have been for about 4 years and have always stayed roughly round the same weight and only gained more when I have had a binge of rubbish all week the other is excess hair, I have recently found one or two hairs on my chin and since I hit puberty I’ve always had a couple of hairs on my stomach but nothing really to talk about and then there’s lack of periods or irregular but I have always been on some form of birth control that has made me irregular or have none anyway so I’m also unsure about this! I have also read that infertility is really high with it and since I’ve read up on it I’ve just felt really down, I’m only 20 and don’t want kids anytime soon but I do want to be a mother one day and the feeling of being less of a woman is absolutely horrible!! I know I haven’t been fully diagnosed yet but it’s still upsetting me that it could be that, does anyone on this suffer from PCOS? And am I being stupid getting so up right about it☹️☹️??? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Dayna,

You can have polycystic ovaries without the syndrome and if your blood has come back normal, this may possibly be the case. With regards to your body hair, 1 or 2 odd hairs for women is very normal.....ladies with the syndrome more often than not have A LOT of excess body hair.....almost EVERYWHERE! :-( It's completely understandable that you're upset but try not to panic until you've had your full diagnosis. Plus, whilst it's incurable, it is manageable with diet and exercise (and sometimes medication) and if you did struggle to conceive in the future, you will be offered fertility treatment. Hopefully the lack of periods is just your birth control and you don't have polycystic ovaries or PCOS. Good luck :-) x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.