Possibly jock itch?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My pubic region has been a little irritated for a while now. I used to shave my pubic hair but haven't in many months as I do not feel the need to (single...). My skin is extremely sensitive, every time I would shave I would look like a plucked chook and then when it was growing back I would have ingrown hairs and it's not pretty.

Lately, it has been feeling irritated and I have a major fear of herpes so I inspect myself daily. I never really felt the need to inspect under the pubic hair as it's always a little 'blotchy'. But today I noticed little dry patches that are pink/purple in colour. There aren't many but they're a little flakey. They don't itch but they're a little irritating to the touch.

I've googled jock itch and it looks very similar in colour to that but it's not as severe as the photos I've looked at and not widespread.

I should also note that I occasionally get tinea between my little toe.

I guess my question is, is it possible to have a mild case of jock itch that does not itch but feels irritated (best way to describe the feeling would be someone occasionally pulling on your pubic hair)? And how can I treat this? Also, how would I have got it? Could it be related to my foot?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Upon further investigating (bad I know) it sort of looks like folliculitis underneath the pubic hair, it doesn't seem to go away. It doesn't always cause an issue, but it's ugly and currently a bit irritated and all I want to do is shave it but that's only going to make it worse!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.