Possibly Lymphoma?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 15 year old female whose had swollen lymph nodes for 12 weeks.

I've had blood tests proving it's not EBV, I've been on antibiotics, ultrasounds and I'm going in for another one- and possibly a CT scan. I feel worse by the day. The fatigue, the itching, the swelling, tightness in my chest. My pediatrician hardly bothered with me and didn't even rescheduled a follow up.

He wanted my beauty mark to be biopsied and I still haven't gotten the results back from that. 

I'm so tired of explaining it over and over, all the struggles and details. I'm so tired of feeling sick. What should I do? I can't wait any longer. I feel like I am wasting away, sleeping and being in pain all day. My lymph nodes are still swollen, some staying the same, some getting bigger. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, what nodes are swollen? I recommend seeing a new dr and getting an ultrasound, ct scan and even a biopsy done
  • Posted

Hi Maemay:  Since your doctor ordered more ultrasounds and is waiting for those tests to come back, If I were you, I'd wait and see what the results are. The nurse will call you to make an appointment and find out results. Usually that's the way it works. Hopefully it won't take too long. I know it is frustrating waiting for results, but that is probably what your doctor is doing. I hope the antibiotics help you. If the antibiotics don't work, then go back and tell the doctor, but give it a chance to work. Take the meds as directed, and finish them before going back. It sometimes takes time to get over something and finishing the anti-biotics. Best wishes,

harrishill

• Posted

Which nodes are swollen?

How many in total?

Do they feel rubbery or rock solid?

Any Fevers or Night Sweats?

Any Weight Loss?

Do you have Acne?

Have you recently had Flu?

If appropriate - have you been tested for HIV?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.