Possibly more to my diagnoses? Vaginal problems!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having extremely bad pain in my vagina, to were I can not walk or sit comfortably. I went to the dr to get checked out and I got swabbed for possible infections. It came back positive that I have a yeast infection and BV. (Bacterial vaginitis). So I got a one day dose of Diflucan for the yeast and I’m now on flagyl for my BV. I now however am still in pain on my second day on flagyl. And I have now found white colonies on my vagina. My dr said that could be from either the yeast infection or the BV. However, I’m worried it’s more. I am getting tested for all stds in the meantime but does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Im sorry you are feeling horrible down there, but keep your chin up. Stay positive! There is an end to this nightmare. 

What kind of pain? Is it sharp or dull? Back and abdominal aches?

If you notice white chunks or something that looks like wadded up toilet paper after taking flagyl, it means it’s working. I experienced this and thought it was a developing yeast infection but was wrong because after my 7-day treatment it went away. Although sometimes yeast infection can happen during treatment because all the bad and good bacteria are being killed off.

Hopefully your std test comeback negative.

• Posted

I am trying to post a picture of it to show you what it looks like. Im extremely afraid it is an std, even though i use protection every time. im hoping it just a bacterial rash from the severe yeast and bv!
  • Posted

I’m not sure if a pic can be posted, I haven’t seen anything yet. I understand how you are feeling right now, but don’t stress it will get better. In the meantime, I’d start taking a good pre biotic( its food for the probiotics- the refrigerated one) and a probiotic. These two supplements can be found at a vitamin shop. 
    • Posted

okay here it is! i appreciate you! i feel like i am alone and gross through this and its good to know that other people go through this as well and can be here for me to keep my head up!
    • Posted

I just dont see how i can have a yeast infection, bv, and an std all at the same time sad
    • Posted

Hello Kylie! 

I'm more than glad to assist you! But I'm going to need your help. I'm going to ask you some questions and just answer them through here or via message. 

1. When was the last time you had sexual intercourse?

2. Do you (your husband or boyfriend)  wear protection every time you do so?  

3. How long have these blisters been around? Give me a time frame (5 days, 1 week, etc..)

4. Is this the first time you have had these blisters?

5. Have you noticed if you bleed from those blisters? 

6. Which STD tests did you do? Can you share the results?

7. In the STD tests, is there a PCR for HSV 1 & 2? 

It's not to freak you out or anything because this is just mere speculation, I'm missing the exam results to get a real diagnosis, but, have your doctors considered it to be Herpes Simplex Virus? Because those blisters in the inner vestibule and labia majora resemble pretty much what a HSV looks like. 

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible!

Dr. Roberto Fernández

• Posted

So if I have a clear discharge, no BV, no STD's and no cervical cancer - all confirmed by my Dr. Is the other possibilty uterine cancer? I have read a D and C is needed to diagnose and my Dr didnt even suggest this possibilty. I am post-menopausal and overweight which I have read increases the risk factor. Ty for any suggestions you can give in search of diagnosis

• Posted

You have some open sores. Idk. What it could be. I’m sure it’s treatable. Follow your dr instructions. You will be fine. Stay positive!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.