Possibly PCOS?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I have been experiencing bleeding since last October, however I could tell it wasn't like a regular period. I figured my problem may just resolve itself or may not be that serious since I've never had a "normal" menstral cycle but, it hasn't. I literally would go almost a year without having an actual period and that was usual for me. I also experience a sort of brown discharge, tissue like pieces in my urine and blood clots occassionally.

My question is: Are these normal symptoms of PCOS?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would goto an OBGYN to be checked. For instance, my cousin has hair growth and another symptom but tests show she does not have PCOS.

I was dx by blood tests and because each of my ovaries has like 13 cysts. I also went long periods of time without periods.

I wouldn't worry yourself too much. It's really manageable. Just go see the doc to be sure smile

Let us know!

• Posted

I have confirmed PCOS through ultrasounds and my symptom history. At my longest I went probably about 2-3 years with no period. I would however occasionally experience spotting and small pieces of tissue. Sounds normal for PCOS to me, just make sure you see a gyn if you can since I was told having your uterus build up tissue like that from having no period increases your risks of cancer. I'm not trying to scare you but PCOS can be often be easily fixed and things may only get worse if you don't get it checked out. Are you having a constant light period?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.