Possibly pregnant or mind games?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, so this post is going to be a rollercoaster ride. Bare with me! So, when my boyfriend and I have sex we always use a condom. There was this one time recently where we had been drinking a bit and he went in without one, but just for a second, so that doesn't really matter. Anyways, I have painful periods (going to get checked out for endometriosis Monday), so I looked up ways to soothe them. One of the options was to drink gelatin mix mixed into water, and I went with that one on my last period. It really did elevate symptoms and my period seemed a lot lighter and lasted shorter. Ever since that period has been over (July 24th I think?) I've had constant cramps in my tummy that feel similar to those that I get before I start my period. This has never happened before. So even though we always use a condom, I still slightly freak out sometimes because I know that things happen. I still have the cramps, feel nauseous a lot, I've been super emotional (mood swings) and stressed, feel fatigued/bloated, tired, out of breath easily, etc. I've been doing research this morning and these can be symptoms of early pregnancy. Am I being silly for thinking it's a possibility? I'm going to a gynecologist Monday for a checkup and to ask some questions, but I was wondering if they might test for pregnancy as a part of the general check up? I have anxiety disorder, so maybe it's just symptoms and I'm convincing myself I'm pregnant. Opinions? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Also, I mentioned the gelatin solution for my period because I wasn't sure if I just happened to be spotting around the time of my period or if the gelatin genuinely worked and has affected my body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.