possibly unrelated but...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else get a right sided stitch like pain when the acid reflux flares up? I've been getting it since my reflux has been bad. I'm also noticing since going on lansoprazole that my skins been easily irritated. I know it mentions this on the leaflet but I wasn't sure if uts common. I have mentioned both to the doctor and they said the tablets can cause the irritation and that they cant see anything to be concerned about with the right sided pain-possibly muscle tension. I've had blood tests done-full blood count, liver and kidney function etc and nothing shows up. It would be interesting to see if this is related. Xx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's funny you should say that because I get it on my left side, and I put it down to maybe trapped wind?? X

• Posted

Yeah it sounds similar. it feels like trapped wind up under my ribs almost but it just doesn't seem to go most of the time. Xx

• Posted

Hi , yes I get this sometimes. Stomach feels a bit tender there if you press it. In my case for me that is a sign of gerd, coupled with a touch of gastritis and slow motility in the stomach. I moved from Lansoprazole to Omeprazole and upped the dose and take Domperidone too. It takes time to heal and symptoms improve but it gradually does, so please be patient, although I still have the occasional flare up. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Thanks, I just saw the doc again and I've just been referral to an ENT (finally!) so hopefully things will improve once they've had a look and done a proper diagnosis. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.