Possisble Gallbladder issue or am I just crazy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well 6 weeks ago started having stomach pains right below sternum about 5-6 inches above belly button. Went to a GI thinking possible constipation I've never been regular or maybe IBS so I had a endoscopy results came back good no issues I'm 43 so GI said let's do a colonoscopy he found 2 polyps 5-6mm but results were neg for cancer benign or any other issues. Still have pain in stomach but now getting pain in upper and lower back plus last weekend had very sharp pain in stomach like 30mins before it backed off almost went to ER but pain went away. So still having pain in stomach even so chest not pain just feels full or tight sometimes even feels like it radiates to groin area but it's like pain still in stomach. So had ultrasound got results today and nothing came back clean can't believe it am I going crazy!! So now GI scheduled HiDA to be done next Thursday get results on Monday April 3rd  hoping they find something hate to say that but looking for peace of mind I feel if they find something yank it out so I can get on with my life but I'm thinking so negative right now like this test will also be negative running out of options I fell. Very frustrated right now I know my body something isn't right but with everything being negative nothing they can do for relief. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Also forgot to add I also feel pain on right side under rib cage when I push on it I feel nausea somthtimes and pain radiates to my back lower and upper back. 
  • Posted

That you had done the ultrasound ...... you may want to get some stool tests done. 

It can be IBS. Do you have constipation or diarrhea? 

• Posted

Hi Ted,

Sorry to learn that you're having these problems.  Ultrasounds don't always identify stones, especially extremely small stones, which can be like grainy mud.  So a CT scan might work better for you.  

Most doctors like to see the classic symptoms of a gallbladder attack, such as lots of pain, nausea, vomiting.  Mine, for instance were much different, mild nausea, hardly any pain, but galloping diarrhea.  

The only other condition that comes to my mind could be that you have a hiatal hernia.  

You're not going crazy, just keep pressing your GI doc to look for answers!

Best of luck to you, and let me know how you get on! xx

• Posted

Hi, yes I know the feeling when everything comes back as normal/ negative, the HIDA scan was my last one and luckily they found that my gallbladder wasn't working properly, it was comforting to know at least with the pain I was experiencing I now had a diagnosis. Most of my pain was nausea, pain under my right ribs that radiates upto my back and shoulders.

Good luck with your scan and let us know how you get on. x

• Posted

Thanks for reply, yea thats what I'm hoping HIDA scan is next Thursday wish the tech could tell me something then since they do it every day maybe just a word or 2 but won't get results till that following monday just looking for some answers. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

• Posted

No I didn't get the results until I got a letter from my consultant either.

Yes let me know, take care.

• Posted

Got my Hida results yesterday never been so happy to fail a test it's only working at 9% so finally got some answers to my pain got to meet surgeon in the next week or so for initial appointment then go from there 

• Posted

Hi Ted, thanks for letting me know. Its a relief isn't it to know that something is going on that you now have answers for. Mine was 14%. They call it biliary dyskinesia which is a collection of problems in that area and the gallbladder not working is one of those.

Hopefully now it won't be long before you have your gallbladder out.

Let me know when you get your appointment but it shouldn't be too long, I think my appointment with the surgeon was just over 2 weeks after the results but I had Christmas in the way, then it shouldn't be too long after that before pre-op and then surgery.

Are you still having alot of pain? 

Take care xx

• Posted

Not alot of pain more discomfort usually at night I have more pain but here lately my shoulder right one been bothering me was told that also could be gallbladder related. On a scale of 1-5 I'm like a 2 most of week but every now and then I hit 4 once or twice a week

• Posted

Yes that shoulder pain is very common, I get it everyday at different degrees. Its a referred pain from the gallbladder as there's alot of nerves around there and if anything is inflammed then its probably pressing on one of these nerves.

It always seems to be worse at night which for me makes its really difficult to sleep. If you have trouble sleeping because of the pain then go back to your gp for something.

xx

• Posted

Also called Acute/Chronic acalculus cholesytopathy (ACC). 

The Ejection fraction less than 35% is when they recommend that gallbladder be operated on and taken out? 

• Posted

Yep my GI doctor said less then 35 not good and should come out but mine at 9 is even worse it needs to go.
    • Posted

Hi Ted,

I'm glad that you have some answers!  Please keep checking into the site and let us know how you get on!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.