Post 2 yrs lumbar fusion L3- S1, have Si pain and now R hip and knee pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

Numerous Si cortisone injections w temp relief , and Si ablation 2 mos ago., which didn’t help. Now have R hip pain and R knee pain. Not sure why?? Worst during sleep. Any input??

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Jan, 1999 I had my first Micro. on L4-L5. I was 28 years old. I had "sciatic" pain for 9 yrs and 2008 herniated next disc down. They did another micro and cleaned nerve bed from previous surgery. I never felt so great. All pain was gone. Then came 2010 and all I did was turn and we head in for fusion of L4-S1. Forced back to work in only after 3 months. Ate over the counter meds for 7 yrs after never really felt good. Was/still having numbing thigh constant back weekness and thoracic pain along with occasional leg sciatic.

Now yesterday I had a cortisone injection. 3 wks ago had MRI L3-L4 disc bulging. 2 months ago was using my snowblower and felt like someone punched me in the back. 2 wks physical therapy and eating hydro pills like crazy. In the end of it's between eating high potent pills forever or surgery. Aint got nothing to lose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.