Post 3 week ORIF

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm wondering if i could get some advice.

it's been 3 week (3 week and 3 days to be precise) since I had ORIF surgery on my left ankle. it resulted in 3 incisions on my ankle, several screws, metal rods and plates to somehow sort the fracture.

my problem is, I still have severe stabbing, burning, numb and electric like shocks all in my ankle, to the point where I cannot sleep at all.

no matter what position I put my leg, how high or low I put it, it's just such an horrible, discomforting feeling.

I also broke my right heel, so I've been none weight bearing since December 14th 2022.

i went back into hospital last week for an appointment for my pot changing and xrays, the inscisions were healing nicely, and the swelling was pretty much none existed.

could this be nerve damage? I can wiggle my toes but my.big toe won't move as much as rest, and my little toe still feels numb. I also get pain in my toes at times I'm just so worried.

maybe I am over thinking but my meds don't do anything either I'm so drained.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, this definitely sounds like nerve damage. You can get pain killers from the dr that help nerves pain. Hopefully it will settle in time.

• Posted

are you still getting pain? i am 6.5 weeks and just got the go ahead to start weight bearing... tonight is the sorest my ankle has been ... and feel like im getting electric shocks on the top of my foot.. which is still quite numb. feeling down.. thought weight bearing was going to be easier.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.