Post ablation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I just have ablation done on Jan. 16. I am still experiencing palpitation during my usual time in the mid-night when I wake up. The doctor said the ablation was successful. I am still on still on medication of Atenolol and Flecainide 50mg. Will this go away?

thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Glad your ablation was successful!I had mine a year ago and I experienced palpitations and that is because the doctor told me I might experience palpitations , because it takes the heart 3 months to heal. I also had a little shortness of breath and my chest felt full. That all eventually went away. The doctor didn't tell me all this, I had to ask. Not everyone experiences the same thing. The main thing the doctors are concerned about is that your groin sites aren't bleeding and there are no knots or bulges at your groin sites. When you see the doctor next, tell him about the palpitations. It's all about the heart healing. 

• Posted

Hi Linda, Glad to hear that, such a relief.

Thank you very much!

• Posted

Yes it will, it will subside as you heal. Don't worry too much 😊. I had the same problem and they gave me a heart monitor for two weeks. The heart is just trying to heal itself. But I totally understand about worrying about it. Ask your doctor if you have any concerns.

• Posted

I was thinking about halter monitor as well. I will discuss with my doctor about that.

Thank you very much!

• Posted

I, too, encourage you to give your heart time to completely heal, Tapati.  What you're experiencing is common post ablation, and there's a very good chance that your symptoms will soon lessen.  From experience, I can assure you that you'll feel better and better as more time passes without an SVT episode.  I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.