Post Ablation Feels?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey everyone!

So I had my ablation done on Wednesday which went absolutely perfectly. Turned out it was AVNRT and he was able to get it started super easy hence why I’ve been having a lot of episodes while doing nothing at all😂 I was unconscious the whole time and the team were great. 

Unfortunately I’ve been having almost non stop sensations a few hours since the procedure. It feels almost like the sensation I would get during an episode (sort of a flutter/hollow feeling heart beat with pressure in my throat) but obviously my heart rate is still normal. This is so distracting and frustrating and upsetting. I called the after hours doctor at the place I had the procedure done and he told me to go to hospital but on the ecg everything looked fine even though I was having these sensations. 

The cardiologist spoke with me this morning and said they were likely benign and due to swelling/fluid in the area of the burns and should pass with time. He said a lot of people will feel the odd palpitations and I’m just on the extreme with feeling them 90% of the time. 

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience following? And if so how long did they take to pass? At the moment I’m so tired and feel like I’m always on the verge of getting an SVT due to this sensation so it’s not a great feeling sad 

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. 

Thanks smile 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had mine 2 months ago and I still get the odd flutter here and there, it takes the heart 3 to 6 months to heal and for some people even more, it's absolutely normal to feel your heart being crazy it was burnt and paced!!! So yeah give time to your heart to heal and don't rush things.

• Posted

Hi Emily,

I have not personally experienced this after my procedure, but it is very common. I would give it a week or so and try not to worry.

Thanks,

Christian

• Posted

I've had some "flutters" post ablation (5 mo. ago) unlike any I had before.  The good and promising change, though, is no SVT.  I think your cardiologist gave you some potentially helpful information, Emily. A "just fried" heart is likely to have some pretty strange electrical activity going on, and thus your strange sensations.  I predict that with time, you'll feel less and less unusual activity.  You, I, and many other SVT people might want to always remember that, with an otherwise healthy heart, most palpitations are harmless.  I wish you well!

• Posted

I had mine done just over a month ago and haven't had any episodes of flutterings, however, I do know that if this does occur, it's not abnormal to be honest. It can take a while for the heart to settle.

• Posted

Emily,  I’m scheduled for an ablation Feb 2nd and just doing my due diligence/ research and came upon your post.  Just curious if things settled down for you and how long it took?  Any input is appreciated!  Been watching this forum for years and from seeing mostly if not all positive feedback think I may do it.  Thanks again!
    • Posted

Hi Cletus. 

They most definitely have smile 

It probably took about 4-5 days for things to settle down but I also had a UTI from the catheter from surgery so I think that may have contributed to why it took so long. Nowadays I only get a handful a day smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.