Post Ablation Wound car Question

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI, Are you supposed to take off the bandage the next day and just let it be in the air. they put on a clear bandage and you can see that there is still a tiny amount of leakage. Any advice would be helpful the instructions they gave me were kind of vague.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yea I was told to take it off after 24hours. I also had a lil leakage and called the hospital. I was told to clean it with a clean warm cloth (flannel) and apply a lil bit of pressure if there is any bleeding. However I found after I took the clear plaster off and cleaned it there was no leakage. 
  • Posted

After my ablation, they told me to leave it on for 3 days and then take it off. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.