Post Achilles’ tendon repair heel pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

please give me some info...... I am 7 weeks post achilles tendon repair..... my cast came off Tuesday (5 days ago)......I am in a walking boot now with full weight bearing. My problem is i am having severe pain on the bottom of my heel that is so bad I can hardly bear weight at all while in my boot. I have had 5 days of severe pain. Called my ortho. Was told to take it easy for a few days, so i have not been trying to move around much, but when i do the pain is severe......i had mt right achilles tendon repaired in 2006 and they put the boot on my foot and i walked right out of the office with no problem...... when they put the boot on me this time, i couldnt stand with any weight on my foot. The nurse seemed unconcerned......The pain had literally made me sick to my stomach..... there is very little swelling but lots of numbness.....i am getting very discouraged...... and depressed.....i should be up walking by now....any advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi, sorry to hear of your struggles. i was advised to put a rolling pin under the arch of my foot and rock my foot over it as to stretch out the ligaments/ tendons under your foot which can also shrink while you are in the boot, but i dont think my pain was as bad as yours. could get a massage (sports) for your Achilles? there is also a few well supported facebook pages which may have someone with similar issues who can help you?

hope you find you get getting better day by day,

kev

• Posted

How are things going Connie? Did it get better? I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and they took the cast off yesterday and put a walking boot on with 3 wedges. However, I have heel pain like you that I can't put that much weight on it. Achilles area feels fine except for the wound stretching out.

Any tips?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.