Post Ankle op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I broke my ankle on the 2 sides on April 23rd. I had an operation later on the 27th. A plate and 7 screws were put on one side and 2 screws were inserted ok the other side. It's been a while now and my cast was removed and my dr said I'd just need to walk I wouldn't need physiotherapy nor partial weight bearing. Everything I read said that I'd need to take it slow .. It's very painful trying to walk with one crutch. I need a second opinion or similar experiences

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

wow sounds great. I did mine on the 11 April on both sides with plates n screws in both. Was in casts for 8weeks and now in a boot for 3 with another 1 to go before seeing my consultant nxt week so will be 12 weeks in all since fall. Im STILL not FWB and going to physio for past 2 weeks.So yours do sound rather fast for walking without aid. But we are all different. I would think that you woud get some pain but i wouldnt over do it and listen to your body for pain threashhold, if needs be use 2 crutches now and again to ease pain. the saying goes listen to your body...wishing you all the best with your recovery  sx
    • Posted

Thanks dear. Actually I wrote because I doubted my dr n wt he was saying. I didn't consider it that I'm healing faster than others. I hope you're right and that would be a good sign. Thanks again 😊 I wish you all the best too

• Posted

Nearly 12 weeks since my ankle op 9 weeks non weight bearing .started physio this week had a session in a hydrotherapy pool which really helped

But still need crutches to walk very painful in knee aswell. Gone back on painkillers to help . Next session Tuesday so see what happens .doing stretches at home but little by little.

Do as much as you can as they say no pain no gain

• Posted

Thank you Julian that really helped. I wish we could get on our feet soon smile
  • Posted

I am still in walker 7 weeks post up still lot of pain. Do not do too much and still elevate when sitting if it is fusing it will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.