Post balloon dilation recovery.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with achalasia type 2 in July this year having started to feel unwell in August 2019. i've been on a soup / soft diet since November 2019 and just had my first balloon dilation 5 days ago. Any tips on what foods and how to introduce ? I've pushed myself with cauliflower cheese today but takes me so long to eat ! I feel its made no difference and easier to stick with soup - anyone got any tips they can share ? Have I got an unrealistic impression of how my future eating will be ?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.