Post Bartholin Gland removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

After 20 years of on going recurrent abscesses, and recently 5 months on antibiotics awaiting the operation, at last it happened 8 days ago. I am in a lot of pain and now, after going to hospital, am back on antibiotics for a post op infectied cyst. At the moment my labia is extremely swollen and painful. The hospital said I may need a further operation to remove this cyst. Has anyone else experienced this? I would also like to know what the area will feel like eventually? I'm talking 12 months + down the line?? Will I look relatively 'normal' and will the hard mass eventually go? Also, was anyone else's stomach rock hard and enlarged after the gland removal? Thanks for your help. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had both glands removed in February of last year. The first 6 weeks were by far the worst. Hang in there!!!! I am back to normal...I was biking by end of last summer. That whole area is still tender from time to time...Maybe dependent on my cycle?...But nothing intolerable. The glands have never given me trouble since removal!!! That's the best part!!!! I ran a half marathon last fall and participated in my normal winter activities this year! I am excited to get back to biking regularly this year.

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply. You've certainly reassured me. Congratulations on getting back to biking and running a half marathon!! I guess I need to allow my body to heal. It's fear of the unknown really. After so long with so many problems, it's hard to comprehend the "normal" !! Thanks again, all the very best. H

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.