Post bicep tenodesis - scapula in a weird place?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I'm 4 months post bicep tenodesis and I have a hard time with recovering my range of motion. Also my scapula is moving in a very very weird way - I'm attaching picture of what my scapula look like (you can guess which shoulder it is 😃). I wonder if someone had similar problem after the surgery, and how their recovery went?

Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am 9 weeks post op from a bicep repair along with my labrum and rotator cuff so I feel for you in range of motion. How long did you have to wait from tearing the bicep to when you had surgery? I only ask bcuz the longer you wait, the less range of motion returns. Mine was torn for almost 30 weeks before I had surgery due to it being a workers comp injury so I was told I would be lucky to get 75-80% full function back and I'm only 33! I am miserable and I have yet to find relief. As for your scapula, have you mentioned this to your Dr? I am no where near ready to lift my arms like that but I'd say it needs looked at. I do have a lot of "popping" which everyone keeps telling me is scar tissue coming off and it hurts more than surgery. I would definitely tell your Dr something isn't right there.

• Posted

my bf had the same surgery along with rotator cuff repair. His scapula dropped about 4 inches and stuck out. when he laid down he said it felt like a piece of metal stuck in his back. his scapula also shot out to the side when he moved it. A year and a half post op it is better but still a bit off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.