Post bunion surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

i just had my second bunion surgery on the same foot three weeks ago. last week surgeon removed bandages and big toe was straight and no swelling. i was thrilled and stupidly walked with just one crutch when i got home. couple of days later i see that my foot is now swollen and sent surgeon pics but he reassured me all was ok . however i am sick with worry that i did something to damage it as my big toe bends to the left and their is visible swelling. i know that swelling is common but just wondered if the swelling could cause my big toe to slant and why was my foot so perfect looking when bandage came off and now slanted and swollen? can anyone offer some advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i wish i had an answer for you. I likely don't, but want to offer you support. I'm sure if the surgeon was concerned, he'd have sent you for x-rays immediately. I am about 10 weeks post op and spend so much time wondering if I'm where I'm supposed to be with my recovery. Am I exercising it enough? Too much? Will my toe be this stiff forever? And on and on... I'm wishing you the best. I hope your next follow up appointment allays your fears.

• Posted

thanks so much for your suppoort! all is okay now although i still wouldve preferred my toe being straighter .

i hope that you are happy with the work done on yours

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.