Post Colonoscopy and Endoscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my first colonoscopy and endoscopy today around 11 o'clock, the doctor said everything looked ok but he took a few biopsies for lactose intolerance and celiac. It's now 7pm and I've got lower back pain and stomach pain, feels like gas and just general discomfort. I was ok up until about an hour ago barely any discomfort. I did eat something around 2pm. So i was wondering if anyone else experience this pain so long after ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

They pump air into you during colonoscopies so that would explain the gas.  Both these procedures are invasive and although crucial for diagnosis, are not really good for our bodies and can cause complications and side effects including pain. I would phone your doctor straight away to report your symptoms. Try Nurofen for the pain to keep you comfortable in the meantime.  I am intolerant to any medical procedure even the simplest ones and when I get bad reactions I get frightened to go back to the doctor and the pain becomes chronic so I would definitely get it checked out if it doesn't clear up after a week.

• Posted

Personally I wouldn't go near Nurofen for that, go to your Dr or phone him.

• Posted

Hi Marie9915,

As I remember this is normal. Will go away soon.

• Posted

Thanks for your replies, the pain subsided after a couple of days. Thanks for the advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.