Post Concussion

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello so it's about to be exactly two weeks since last wednesday when i got hit on the right side of my head with a weight in the gym and i also had a little bump that came up once i had gotten hit on the top right side of it. I was taken to the er that weekend on saturday night because i felt dizzy, bad headache, pain on my jaw and cheek and felt like i was being choked like if no oxygen was going into my head. I also do suffer from anxiety but what i felt was very scary so when i got there i was fine just scared because of being in there but also with pain on the right side of my face. they gave me a pill that made me very sleepy and calmed me down that i was able to go home and fall asleep. So sunday night until all week i would have headaches, not being able to sleep, dizziness, cheek pain, jaw pain, and pain in the neck and back of my head. I was taken there Sunday last night because i wasn't able to handle the pain anymore so i was given a pill to relax my anxiety and so my headaches can go away. I was taken to get a CT scan, only took like 5 minutes. I had the CT scan with no contrast and the doctor said everything was normal, all it said on my papers from my doctor was a post concussion. Do i have a post concussion because i still a little of a headache but nkt as much as back then or is it possible that the CT scan gave me false news? I am kinda confused please help.

- Thank you

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is doubtful that the CT scan would not show if your brain had some injury, also known as Traumatic encephalopathy. You may want to have the second opinion with another doctor.
    • Posted

hi rocky I know I am considering that especially I am still having symptoms 
  • Posted

Sounds like post concussion l have been in that position twice in my life the first one rendered me unconscious and l had a fractured skull. The second one left me feeling like my head was in a barrel for a couple of weeks. If the scan didn't show any injury sounds like you are in the clear as they are very specific in what they pick up. Our brains get quite a pummelling when we injure them and time is the best medicine. Hope this helps.

• Posted

hi freddy all I can say is that I have a post concussion also I was injured at work on march 23rd to where I also hit my head everything is very foggy about what happened I was seen at urgent care they did not do any testing although the doctor did inform me that I do have a post concussion because my symptoms still occur which the doctor said is normal these things take time and there is no time frame on healing just time. My employer is confused about how I can have a post concussion without testing I told him the doctor said sometimes symptoms do not occur right after the injury and that sometimes doctors do not need to order tests to know what is wrong I am due to go back monday for recheck I still headaches I am still a little off balance not as bad as I had I guess my advice is I would talk to a doctor still if having symptoms cause ct scans won't always show anything especially if the swelling has gone done hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.