Post dental extraction tight throat

Posted , 2 users are following.

Some three years back I noticed that my throat was acting funny some weeks after taking Augmentin , starred with a feeling of food being stuck on the side of my throat, proceeded to a feeling of lump in my throat. I also started having burning sensations in my body and chest tightening. I took several years then and they all came back negative. I decided to change my diet and accept my situation, I especially avoided bread and other food made from flour. A month or two after I stopped going to the hospital the feeling went and I was back to normal.

This year like 5 weeks back i had a dental surgical extraction and was placed on amoxicillin, after my mouth healed I developed a kind of feeling in my mouth as if I had sore but there is no sore and it goes and comes. Proceeded to heat on the other side of my face and I also treated malaria because I had a low grade fever. Now my throat tightens and doctor placed me on prednisolone, finished the course yesterday and tightening throat got worse overnight. I do not have globus this time around but it seems that the onset of some throat issues are based on antibiotics and I am beginning to think I must avoid them at all cost especially the one with penicillin . I hope my feeling gets better because the last time , we were not able to detect any problem after several tests.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry about the typos. I took several tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.