Post double ALIF

Posted , 2 users are following.

Morning, I had my double ALIF on Wednesday 13th April, so I am 3 days post surgery. Has anyone else experienced this?

I only feel pain in my back when I move the wrong way, however, it is the front op site that is horrendously painful. Getting in and out of bed is a journey of pain. This morning it took me 35 minutes to get up and out. I am still in hospital and the beds aren't the easiest to get out of.

I just wish the feeling that I am ripping my insides apart would go away when I am moving. Still looks like I have a mini Alien growing on my right hand side.

Can someone please tell me it gets easier quickly? I know it's a long road to recovery but I thought it would be a little easier than it has been. I know it's only 3 days post op, just getting a little frustrated. Plus, I can't move my bowels. No bowel movement equals no go home!

Sorry is if the post is a little all over the place, pain and frustration isn't a good combo.

Thanks

Scott

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear scott,

I dont have any experience, I just want to tell you that I wish you to get better soon! I am sending my support. 

You ll get through it!

• Posted

Hi, things slowly getting better. Finding ways to move so as not to aggravate the pain. Getting home today (Sunday). Not looking forward to the car ride home.

Thanks again for your support and kind words.

Scott

• Posted

Hello Scott,

I have no experience of the operation you have had, thou i have had many operations. What i can say is that each little step is an improvement, each day will get easier .Your body as gone through a lot and slow recovery is best. Do everything your pysiotheraphy and consultant advices. Ask for pain relief when you need it. Hospitals are not the best places to rest. Constipation is also a problem after an operation, again ask for somehing to help with this, once your moving about more this will become normal again. 

Wishing you the best for your recovery.

Elizabeth.    smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.