Post flareup care

Posted , 5 users are following.

My recent flareup is almost settled down. Should I still continue all my care down there or is it safe to reduce it. To clarify: I usually spray off part way thru day and shower at night and the application of vaseline after most bathroom visits. Thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yeah, I don't do all that stuff during the day when things are calm. Just don't quit the prescription, it's meant as permanent maintenance/ prevention.
    • Posted

Hi do you mean the dermovate has to be used 2/wk all the time ? Even when things seem ok ? Iv had no advice as to this as I havnt seen the dematholagist yet and am unsure how long to use the dermovate for when things are calm , thanks
    • Posted

If you watch Dr. Goldstein's presentation, he talks about this. The iea is to get deep down through the thickened skin of LS and snuff the inflammatory cells. The ointment isn't just superficial symptom treatment. If you quit, eventually you will have a flareup, probably much worse than the minor ones we all get from stress, sugar, skin trauma from time to time.
    • Posted

Hi yes I'm gonna check out the webinar , havnt had a chance to sit and watch it yet but I suppose it will answer all my q's , thanks morrrell
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice. I started to watch but never finished. Plan to watch it tho.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.