Post gall bladder removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my gall bladder removed 12 month ago unfortunately there were complications and rather than the procedure being day surgery i was very poorly with peritonitis and was in hospital for 5 weeks. After almost 12 I have discomfort and bloating and gained a lot of weight despite not over eating...all of which my GP has told me is to be expected...has anyone some ideas of diet and recipes i could try...thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

what is it you are eating?

• Posted

Hi Kitty

I am eating cereals for breakfast and then lunch is usually sandwich. For dinner chicken/meat/salmon with veg or salad. Not having chips or roasties having rice or couscous or pasta...cut down on caffine only having coffee at breakfast and with dinner...occasionally biscuit/cake

• Posted

I am avoiding fatty foods and eat chicken and lean meats and fish all healthy diet. I have changed my diet considerably since my operation becoming vegan is not a necessity and wouldn't avoid excessive bloating, discomfort and weight gain

• Posted

well... all meat is fatty..

you also just said in your last post you eat cake.

also dairy is fatty.

give it a try and see if it helps, you have nothing to lose. if you dont want too then its up to you but i had my surgery four weeks ago and ive had zero issues with digestive problems like a lot of people have. been vegan for 20 years.

• Posted

No not all meat is fatty. Skinless Chicken has no fat and i remove excess fat (if any) from lamb, pork and steak. As for eating cake i did say it was occasionally. I am eating healthy and have cut out butter, cheese and eat a lot of fruit. I have cereals (with skimmed milk) for breakfast...lunch could be omelette or beans on toast and dinner grilled meat/poached fish and plenty of veg.

I enjoy eating meat and fish and and don't wish to be vegan my diet is healthy and all i asked was if anyone has any recipes/diet plan i could try as i have changed my diet completely since my operation but still I am overweight and bloated. I appreciate being vegan has helped you but that is your choice of life style, a healthy diet doesn't need to be vegan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.