post gallbladder removal dioarhea

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed 6 months ago since then I have had terrible toilet trouble. I can go up to 8 times a day and sometimes the urgency leaves me in very sticky situations! The doctor tried me on ibs medication but it didn't work. I've been referred to hospital but not for another 2 months yet...I can't handle this for another 2 months. I have kept a food diary but nothing stands out as obvious. My diet is varied and I do not consume too much fat. Any advice would be much appreciated!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Been experiencing diarrhoea too since the removal of the gall bladder. At first it was ok, then for the last few days it has changed. Did you find it slightly uncomfortable when lying on your left and right side when in bed?
  • Posted

Sorry for the typos on that last post. Used my mobile for that one.

• Posted

Hi both,

I finally removed the posts re duplication etc and Mr Flintstone, corrected the typos while I was here. I know the fingers and thumbs problems with mobiles too :-)

Emis Moderator

• Posted

Hi Emis Moderator, firstly thanks for correcting my post. Did you receive my email reply to you on response to your email?
  • Posted

Also will it be a browser issue that I can see my profile image per post on my firefox mobile browser but only see the site default ones when using my computer?
  • Posted

How long ago did you have your op? I had trouble lying on my side for approx 8 weeks but I'm fine now.
  • Posted

Oh, it will be gone soon then. It's the best thing I ever did, gallstones are evil!!
  • Posted

The thing is it wasn't gallstones they said I should have it out for, at the time they weren't really sure if my gall bladder was inflamed or not, however they said it was post op, but are they saying that to justify it's removal I really don't know.

I have to say that for the last 6 months since the op the constipation had left me, but just recently it returned with some mucus in the stool, and more importantly some bright red blood and often what looked like raw meat in the pale stool, a stool sample is away for tests while I type this.

I also have to say that even after the gall bladder removal my digestion isn't great, and wondered if you folks have experienced likewise that have also had their GB removed?

• Posted

I forgot to post that after months of hospital appointments, camera's, tests and all sorts I've finally found the answer thank goodness. I have PCS which affects some people after gallbladder removal. Basically my insides can't handle the free flowing bile so I drink 2 sachets per day (colystyramine) and am much better. Still need to watch what I eat, no spicy foods & not too much dairy but much better than it was!
  • Posted

talulabelle1982,

Can I ask, now that you have found the answer, has it made your stools bulkier than they had been previously?

I suppose in a way going by my recent symptoms as I seem to have either haemorrhoids or fissures, although the doctors or hospital haven't said for sure, but it sure feels like it, having the soft defection is perhaps better for me.

I think this is where the little streaks of blood are coming from you see. I have a referral to see a urologist re bladder issues, and I am going to ask them to check my prostate, although the doctor recently gave me a DRE and said my prostate felt fine and that I didn't have any haemorrhoids or fissures, although I really don't think he managed to look all the way internally.

• Posted

I had my gallbladder removed on 12-Sep-12 and in the last week I have started to go to the toilet around 8 times between 7.30 and 12.30. Today I have only been 6 times so I hope this is a sign that this will pass, however reading the above does not fill me with hope! If this continues I will contact my surgeon later this week.
  • Posted

zinny,

It's only been a matter of weeks since the removal of your GB, so I would give it a little more time to settle.

If like me, and I had mine removed 8 months ago, I still have to go to the bathroom more than I did prior to the op.

Funny enough I posted this morning to another thread called post op, and in there I have mentioned that I am having little spasms being felt in the area where the made the inch long incision, although it does feel more inside rather than the skin itself.

• Posted

Thanks Mr Flintstone. I will give it a week or so before I contact my surgeon.
  • Posted

zinny,

You're welcome, let us know how you get on please.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.