Post gallbladder surgery ongoing discomfort

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed 8 months ago... felt okay for a few months but now have been having more discomfort... if you’ve had yours removed and had horrible attacks before surgery you will know how I feel now. Almost same symptoms again. Why???? I’ve been back to gastro and they put me on probiotics and fiber, but not helpful. Why??

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I’m having same issue I’m at hospital now. It’s been a month or a month and a half since my surgery. The GI did a scope and said I have gastritis but I’m getting pain when I take a deep breath where my gallbladder used to be. I hate it idk if I did too much to soon or something is wrong so I’m waiting on test at the ER. Keep  us posted! Best of luck and prayers!
    • Posted

Hi, I have the same issue as youare describing and gastrititis also... I am being scoped as well as an ultrasound at the same time... I am praying this will be helpful as in what to do next! It is horrid feeling the pain with the breathing ! Wish you luck !

• Posted

I went to the ER they did ultrasound and CTscan checking for blood clots and gallstones etc and found nothing. Said I lifted too much as it takes way more than 6 weeks to heal. I know I need to follow a better diet and take it easy. The gastritis also is causing some pain as well and reflux. It’s awful as I never had this before and I think if I could go back I would’ve just had gallstones removed and kept the gallbladder. Cause my symptoms are pretty much the same. Well I’m not as nauseous or dizzy but the reflux is acid and bile and it sucks. Anyway I wish you all the best of luck! Also see your dr as you can still get gallstones and they can get stuck in your ducts if you don’t pass them. Let me know how you all are doing! I’m waiting on my biopsy for h pylori that they did when I had my EGD scope. I’m hoping it’s negative. 
  • Posted

Hi, I had my gallbladder removed 6 months ago and I have the same symptoms as if gallbladder was still there... I am having being scoped and ultra sound at the same time on the 13th of Aug.  I am praying this will help as this is horrid to not be able to eat ! Wish you luck !
    • Posted

I hat to cut all fats ( All). Walk after eating and take omeprozole before meals. Probiotics.
  • Posted

I had pain for 7 months after gallbladder removal. The only way I get relief is by taking omeprozal and nothing citrus or fats. Fats will kill my upper stomach. Plus I eat andcwalk right away eating and not walking is horrible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.