Post H Pylori treatment tips?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just finished my H Pylori treatment for my Duodenal Ulcer and I want my ulcer to heal as quick as possible. Does anyone have any tips. I still get a radiating pain on an empty stomach. It's way better than before the treatment, but how much longer before it stops completely and my ulcer is healed?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I took the H-Pylori treatment in July of 2016. Had an endoscopy in September and the H-Pylori is gone but it left me with two ulcers. Took a ppi for 3 months but the pain hasn't left. I stopped taking the ppi and a lot of the pain stopped. But , like you , I start hurting if I don't eat something every 3 or 4 hours. That's the only thing that lessons the pain. I guess that's ok but I wonder if it will actually ever go away. So I'm waiting to see if anyone can answer your question. Good luck to you.

• Posted

What Ppi did you take and how many mg/day? Just curious. I take Prilosec 40mg 2/day. Why do you think it got a little better after you stopped taking the PPI?
    • Posted

I was on pantoprazole. 40mg. Well I'm supposed to still be taking it.

But when I do my stomach starts hurting pretty bad the next day. When I stop taking it my stomach simply doesn't hurt nearly as bad. Don't know why or what the connection is , but there is definitely a connection. My docs would probably disagree , but that's how my body reacts.

• Posted

Ok... thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I went to the store today and bought nothing but food that promotes a more alkaline gut. I'm going to see if a drastic diet change for a month or so can help my ulcer heal. I'm hoping I can have this thing licked within a few months. Do you watch the acidity of the Foods and beverages you consume? I read that can play a pretty drastic role in your ulcer recovery..?

• Posted

Yes , I do. Sometimes I feel quite good and sometime not. Haven't been able to figure that out yet though. There are so many conflicting reports about acid and ulcers it gets hard to tell who's right and who's wrong though. Some say too much acid and others say not enough. So I suppose it all boils down to best guess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.